THE FERGERSONS OF NORTH SYRACUSE TRACE BACK SIX GENERATIONS

 


The Fergerson story is unique because the family has lived on the same North Syracuse land for more than six generations. They were among the first settlers in North Syracuse in 1826. Their funeral home and business are on the same family land the Fergersons have held for over 180 years. Their properties were developed into Fergerson Park, Fergerson Avenue, Fergerson Road, and others in the North Syracuse-Cicero area.

The Fergersons hold a deep appreciation for the community. In January 1993 Fred Fergerson was inducted to the "North Syracuse Wall of Distinction" recognizing service to the community. Inductees photos and accomplishments are placed on a wall at the Cicero-North Syracuse High School as role models for area youth.

In May 1993 Fred was named North Syracuse's "Man of The Year" by the Greater North Syracuse Chamber of Commerce and the Star-News. Pat Fergerson was honored similarly as the 1995 "Woman of the Year". This recognition was given to each of them for their "lifetime commitment" to community service and volunteer work.

 

Fred's Grandparents 1908

 

The Fergerson home took over two years to build. The newer rear addition was completed in 1989. It is the home of Fred, Pat, Bill and Vicky Fergerson. The house was a wedding gift from Fred’s great-grandfather to Fred’s grandparent’s Mr. & Mrs. Alfred C. Fergerson. This is a picture of the newlyweds on their new porch in 1908.

 

 

 

 

Grandma & daughter on porch 1911

 

 

This picture was taken during the period when Main Street was known as the Plank Road. The child in the picture was born in 1911. The house changed over the years and at one time was a tourist home during the depression (1930’s).

 

 

 

 

First Cadillac 1912

 

 

  Here’s another view with a picture of one of the first cars in North Syracuse. Fred’s grandfather was behind the steering wheel of the period Cadillac. This picture was a post card in the early 1900’s.

 

 

 

 

 

As a Tourist Home 1939

 

This picture is of the house in 1939 when teachers from the school next-door roomed with the Fergersons. The awnings were installed for Fred’s aunt’s wedding that year. During World War II the awnings were replaced by the Flag of the United States.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Fergerson Home Today

The Fergerson Home Today

 

  Web Cam ~ Facilities Tour ~ Map ~ Pre Need Planning  ~ Site Map (Search) ~ E-Mail

Web Cam Archives  ~  Gallery ~ The Funeral ~ Our Services ~ Leave A Memorial